Set up auto replies for a group
This feature requires turning on Google Groups for Business.
As an administrator of the Groups for Business service, you can configure auto replies to be sent to people who send messages to a particular group. You can set up different auto replies based on whether a person is a group member and part of your domain.
To set up auto replies for a group:
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteGroups for Business.
If you don't see Groups for Business on the G Suite page:
- Click the add service icon .
- Under Groups for Business, click Add it now.
- Return to the list of G Suite services and click Groups for Business.
- Select the group you want to set up auto replies for.
- Click Access settings.
- From the menu on the left, select Settings Email options.
- In the Auto replies section, select all checkboxes for which you wish to enable auto replies and enter the corresponding message.
For example, you might set up auto replies for members only, both inside and outside your organization:
- Click Save.
To send auto replies from a Groups alias:
If you have added a Groups alias via the Admin console and send a message to the alias address, the auto reply will still be sent from PrimaryGroupAddressfirstname.lastname@example.org. If you require the auto replies to be sent from the alias address, you need to create a separate group and use the alias as the primary address for that group.