Set up auto replies for a group
This feature requires turning on Google Groups for Business.
As an administrator of the Groups for Business service, you can configure auto replies to be sent to people who send messages to a particular group. You can set up different auto based on whether a person is a group member and part of your domain.
To set up auto replies for a group:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Groups. Where is it?
- Click View in Groups Service at the top right-hand corner. You'll be taken to your Groups for Business service.
This takes you to the group in your Google Groups for Business service. Note that if you aren't a super administrator, you’ll need to have edit permissions for the group.
- Select the group you want to set up auto replies for.
- Click in the top corner and select Group settings.
- From the menu on the left, select Settings > Email options.
- In the Auto replies section, select all checkboxes for which you wish to enable auto replies and enter the corresponding message.
For example, you might set up auto replies for members only, both inside and outside your organization:
- Click Save.