Name and password guidelines
When choosing usernames and passwords for users and groups you add to your Google Cloud account, consider the following:
- Usernames can contain letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), dashes (-), underscores (_), apostrophes ('), and periods (.).
- Usernames can't contain an ampersand (&), equal sign (=), brackets (<,>), plus sign (+), comma (,), or more than one period (.) in a row.
- Usernames can begin or end with non-alphanumeric characters except periods (.), with a maximum of 64 characters.
Group names can have a maximum of 60 characters.
Group description and group name can’t contain an equal sign (=), or brackets (<,>).
- Passwords can contain any combination of printable ASCII characters and must contain a minimum of 8 characters.
- Passwords can't begin or end with a whitespace character.
- First and last names support unicode/UTF-8 characters, with a maximum of 60 characters.
- Periods (.) are not ignored as they are in a gmail.com account. If you create a user account called username, this user will not be able to receive messages addressed to user.name, or us.er.na.me, or any other combination of periods. To let a user receive mail with these variations, create an email alias for them.