Reset a user's password
If a user forgets the password to their Google Apps account, or if you think their account has been compromised, you can reset their password. You reset a user's password from the Google Admin console.
These steps don't apply if your account uses Single-Sign-On (SSO) with a third-party identity provider. Learn more
Change a passwordReset a user's password
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Users.
- Click next to the user and choose Reset password. Or at the top of the user's account page, click .
- Type and confirm the new password. Or click Auto-generate password.
- (Optional) Check the box that requires the user to change the password when they next sign in.
This box is disabled if you're using SSO with a third-party identify provider. Learn more
- Click Reset to save your changes.
- Send the user their new password.
Tip: Help users reach you when they need help. Add your contact information to their sign-in page.
If you can't sign in to the Admin console and need to reset your own administrator password, see Reset your administrator password.
If the user is suspended, the on their user account page is replaced by a . Before you can reset the password, restore the suspended user account.
After changing a passwordUsers with 2-step verification
After you reset their password, users with 2-step verification might need to generate new App passwords for any third-party applications connected to the account, such as mail clients.