Administrator email alerts
This feature isn't available if your organization uses SSO.
As an administrator, you can receive email alerts when something important happens in your organization, such as a suspicious sign-in attempt, a compromised mobile device, or when another administrator changes settings. When you turn on an alert for an activity, you'll receive an email each time that activity happens, up to 25 emails in 2 hours.
Tip: If you’re using a personal account, learn how to manage your account security alerts.
Turn alerts on and off
From the Admin console dashboard, go to Reports.
To see Reports, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- In the left pane, click Manage Alerts.
If you have custom alerts, they'll appear at the bottom of the list.
- In the Status column on the right, turn the switch on to receive an alert, or turn off to stop receiving the alert.
- (Optional) Click the Email recipients column to edit alert recipients by email address. You can also check or uncheck Super Administrator(s) to start or stop alerts for users who are super administrators.
Types of email alertsUser activity alerts
- Calendar settings changed
- Drive settings changed
- Gmail settings changed
- Mobile settings changed (any mobile management settings are changed)
You can create the following custom alerts based on your organization’s audit logs.