Registro.br: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
You get the verification record in the Setup Wizard when you sign up.
Not in the Setup Wizard? Go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard to find the verification record. Copy your unique verification record, return to this article, and go to Step 2: Sign in to your domain host.
On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- From the Value/Answer/Destination field, copy the entire unique verification record.
Tip: If you need a CNAME record instead of a TXT record, in the Add a new TXT record to your domain step in the Setup Wizard, click add a CNAME record. You'll copy and paste both parts of this record into your domain's DNS records.
- In the Setup Wizard, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Setup Wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, open the Registro.br® site in a new tab. Keep the Setup Wizard open in the first tab.
- At the top right of the Registro.br site, click Access Account [Acessar Conta].
- Enter the domain or username [Usuário] and password [Senha] you created when you purchased your domain from Registro.br.
- Click Access [Acessar].
- Select the domain name that you need to verify for G Suite.
- Click Edit DNS [Editar Zona].
- Click Advanced Mode [Modo Avançado]. (If you’re already in advanced mode, skip this step.)
- Click New Entry [Nova Entrada].
- From the Type list, select TXT.
- Leave the first field empty.
- In the second field (Dados), paste the entire verification record that you copied in Step 1.
- Click Add [Adicionar].
- Click Save [Salvar].
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Check the I saved the verification record box or click Verify.
- If you’re a G Suite customer, go to Next steps to set up Gmail.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.