Manage Google Apps from an Android device
Super administrators of a Google Apps for Work account can perform essential administrative tasks from their Android mobile device with the Google Admin app.
With Google Admin, you can:
- Create and manage users—Reset passwords, edit profiles, upload profile photos, and suspend users.
- Manage groups—Add users to groups, edit user roles, list group members.
- Contact Support—Get help on the go.
- Review account activities—Filter audit log events by type, administrator, or date range.
To set up the Google Admin app:
- Enable API access for your organization. The app uses APIs and does not work without API access.
- (Optional) Enable the Google Apps Device Policy app to remotely wipe a device if it gets lost.
Google Apps Device Policy is only available for Google Apps for Work users.
- Install the app from Google Play.
- Sign in to the app as a super administrator. The app supports multiple accounts so you may need to add an account.
To add another account
- Open the Settings app for your device, find the Accounts section.
- Touch Add account, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- (Optional) To switch accounts, open Google Admin, swipe from the left edge of the screen, and select your account from the list that appears.
- (Optional) Set up an account PIN for additional security. That way, if other people use your device while you're signed in, they can’t use Google Admin or access any of the data, unless they know the PIN. If you don't set a PIN now, you can set it up later.
Use multiple accounts? If you have more than one Google Account, you can use multiple sign-in to switch between accounts without having to sign out and back in again. For details, see Sign in to multiple accounts.
Can't sign in? An "Insufficient permissions" message appears if you attempt to sign in without super administrator credentials or if you haven’t enabled API access.