Get started with G Suite for Education
G Suite for Education provides G Suite Business features for free to nonprofit K–12 and higher education institutions in the U.S. and other countries. To qualify for G Suite for Education, your organization must be one of the following:
- K-12 or higher educational institution, nonprofit, accredited by a generally accepted accreditation body.
- For non-U.S. countries, educational institution accredited by a generally accepted accreditation body.
1. Request G Suite for Education
If you think your organization meets either of the above requirements, follow these steps to sign up for G Suite for Education:
Note: If you’ve already signed up your domain for G Suite and want to upgrade it to G Suite for Education, go to the upgrade to G Suite for Education form to provide additional information.
- Go to the G Suite for Education signup form.
- Provide information about you and your institution.
- Click Next.
- Provide the domain for your institution.
- Click Next.
- Provide information to create an admin account. This is the account that you'll use to sign in to your G Suite for Education account.
- Read and agree to the G Suite for Education agreement.
- Click Accept and signup. You will receive an email that includes information about your new account.
If you signed up for G Suite with a domain that you’re already using, you’ll need to verify your domain before we can review your application for G Suite for Education. This ensures that no one else can use services or send email that appears to come from your school.
After you submit your request and verify your domain, we’ll review your organization’s eligibility and contact you via email about the status of your application within 1–2 weeks. Once you receive the acceptance email for G Suite for Education, you can add users to your domain, configure apps, and access advanced features, like mail migration.
Visit the G Suite Help Center to learn how to set up and deploy G Suite.