Get started with G Suite for Education
G Suite for Education provides free business features to nonprofit K–12 and higher education institutions in the U.S. and other countries.
If your school has sophisticated IT needs, consider G Suite Enterprise for Education. It has additional enterprise-grade capabilities, such as:
- Advanced controls for administrators
- Enhanced analytics and search capabilities
- Enterprise-grade communication tools
Qualify for G Suite for Education
To qualify for G Suite for Education, your organization must be one these categories:
- K–12 or higher educational institution, nonprofit, accredited by a generally accepted accreditation body.
- For non-U.S. countries, each country has its own requirement. For more details, see Qualifications for G Suite for Education.
Sign up for G Suite for Education
If your organization meets one of the preceding requirements, follow these steps:Step 1: Request G Suite for Education
Note: If you already signed up your domain for G Suite and want to upgrade to G Suite for Education, sign in to your G Suite admin account and request an upgrade.
- Go to the G Suite for Education signup form.
- Fill in the information about you and your institution.
- Click Next.
- Enter the domain for your institution or buy a new domain.
- Click Next.
- Fill in the information to create an admin account.
Note: You’ll use this information to sign in to your G Suite for Education account.
- Read the G Suite for Education agreement and check the box.
- Click Accept and sign up.
You get an email that includes information about your new account.
If you signed up for G Suite with a domain that you’re already using, you need to verify your domain before we can review your application. This verification process ensures that no one can use services or send email that appears to come from your school.
- Verfiy that you own your domain.
Learn more about verifying your domain for G Suite.
After you submit your request and verify your domain, we review your organization’s eligibility. We contact you via email about the status of your application in 1–2 weeks.