Applies to G Suite, G Suite Essentials, and other paid subscriptions in your Google Admin console.
On August 1, 2009, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) started requiring all online credit card transactions to be processed using enhanced security procedures. This extra step, which includes credit card verification, helps ensure that your credit card isn't misused.
You complete this step when you add a credit card to your Google billing account. We'll help you connect with your bank to authenticate your credit card, then confirm whether or not it was successful. To add and verify your card:
From the Admin console Home page, go to Billing.
Choose an option:
- Click your subscription.
- Click ActionsAccess billing account.
Select the option to view or manage your payment methods.
- Click Add Payment Method.
- Select Add credit or debit card and enter your card number and other information.
- Click Continue. A message asks for permission to send you to your bank's website to verify your credit card.
- Click Verify credit card.
A window opens, sending you to the bank that issued your credit card.
- Follow steps at your bank's website to verify your card.
You might see a purchase amount for INR 2.00 or INR 50.00. This is just a temporary authorization, not an actual charge.
- If you see a message that you successfully verified your card, close the window to return to your payments page. Here, you'll see your credit card information.
The verification process typically takes a few minutes, and you only have to do it once when you first add a credit card to your account.