Group email aliases
You can create alternate email addresses for your groups, called email aliases, in the Google Admin console.
For example, if your organization has the group support@your_domain.com, you can add help@your_domain.com as an alias for the group to make sure questions from customers reach the right place. If your Google Apps account includes more than one domain, you can add an alias that has a different domain from the original group.
- Like user email aliases, each group can have up to 30 aliases.
- You can create aliases only for groups created by a Google Apps administrator. User-created groups can't have aliases.
- You can't search for groups by alias at this time.
To add an alias to a group:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Groups.
Where is it?
- Select the group you want to add an alias to.
- Click Aliases.
- Click Add an alias.
- Specify an alias in the text field. If your Google Apps account includes more than one domain, select a domain from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save changes.
To remove an alias, click Remove next to the alias you want to remove.