This article is for G Suite administrators. To manage your own groups, visit the Google Groups help.
As an G Suite Groups administrator, you can add alternate email addresses, called email aliases, to your organization’s groups. For example, if there’s a group email for email@example.com, you can add firstname.lastname@example.org as an email alias to make sure questions from customers reach the right place. Or, if your organization has more than one domain, you can add an alias with a different domain to a group.
Note: Currently, you can't search for a group by its alias.
You can add up to 30 email aliases for each group.
Add or remove group email aliases
From the Admin console Home page, go to Groups.
- Click the name of a group.
- In the Group information section, click Aliases.
- Point to the Aliases section and click Edit.
- To add an alias:
- In the Group Alias Email field, enter a new address. If your organization has more than one domain, select a domain from the list.
- Click Add Alias.
- To remove an alias, point to an alias and click Remove.
It can take up to 24 hours for the group to receive email sent to a new alias.