About Email Log Search
You can sift through the delivery logs for your domains and evaluate message delivery using Email Log Search in the Google Admin console. The reports help you track down missing messages, such as those quarantined as spam or otherwise routed incorrectly. You can also use the tool to determine message IP addresses and troubleshoot how policies affect mail flow.
The Email Log Search tool isn't available to resellers when accessing a resold domain Admin console using the reseller console.
How do I start using the tool?
- Learn about the tool—Use this article for guidelines.
- Perform a search—See Find messages with Email Log Search for steps on using the tool.
- Examine the results—See View Email Log Search results for a description of the output.
- Analyze the route and delivery states—See Interpret results and troubleshoot missing messages for recommendations on using search results to investigate delivery issues.
What messages appear in search results?
- Messages sent from 1 hour ago to the past 7 days, or for a date range you specify in the past 30 days.
- Messages to or from any G Suite user in your domains.
- Messages sent to a group in Google Groups and other mailing lists containing your G Suite users.
What search criteria can I use?
- A specific date and time range.
- A particular sender or recipient—enter a full or partial email address, or just the domain (for example, company.com).
- A particular sender or recipient IP address.
- A specific message ID.