Migrate from a webmail host
You can allow your users to import email messages and contacts from non-Google webmail accounts, such as Yahoo!, Hotmail, or AOL. First, you must enable this feature in your Google Admin console. After that, domain users will see an extra function in the Account and Import tab in Gmail settings. This function is called Import mail and contacts.
To enable importing from other webmail hosts:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- From the dashboard, go to Apps > Google Apps > Gmail > Advanced settings.
- In the User email uploads section, select Allow users to upload mail using the Email Migration API.
If you don't see this section, select your account's top-level organization under Organizations at the top of the page. This feature isn't available when a sub-organization is selected.
- Check the the box that allows users to import mail from Yahoo!, Hotmail, AOL, or other webmail or POP3 accounts.
- Click Save changes.
- Tell your users to go to Gmail > Settings to start the import process. For details, see Import email and contacts.
There might be a delay before changes take effect.
To disable importing from other webmail hosts, simply uncheck this option and save your changes.