Marketplace app audit log
You can monitor which Google Apps Marketplace applications are being used in your domain, using the Marketplace Login Activity log. Specifically, this log lists each successful login to any Marketplace application you've installed in your domain's Google account. Included in the entry is the user who logged in and the event's date.Audit log setup
The Marketplace audit log only tracks activity while the Login Activity service is enabled in your Admin console and for Marketplace applications that are currently installed in your organization's account. To set all this up:
- Install the Google Apps Marketplace applications whose use you want to track.
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- In your Admin console, go to the Company Profile control > Profile > Audit and Reporting.
- Check the option to Show Apps Marketplace Login Activity, and save your changes.
From your Google Admin console, go to Reports > Audit Log > Marketplace Login Activity. Note that events typically take up to 10 minutes after they occur to appear in the log.
- Event Name. Indicates that this is a Marketplace login activity (as opposed to an Admin console event).
- Application. The Marketplace application that was successfully accessed.
- User. The primary email address of the user who accessed the application, or the OAuth 1.0 2LO consumer_key of the requester.
- Date. The date the application was accessed.
You can filter log entries to list logins for a particular application, or that were performed during a specific date range. From the Admin console go to Reports > Audit Log > Marketplace Login Activity. Then click the Edit link next to filtering options and specify the following:
- Application. Select one Marketplace application to track, or leave it set to All Applications.
- Start date. Choose a start date for listing Marketplace logins.
- End date. Choose the end date for listing logins.
- Reset. Click Reset to return to listing all Marketplace logins, up to the current day.
What gets reported by the Marketplace app activity log ...
- Maximum of 100 login events.
- Successful user logins, only.
- Applications that use the OpenID authentication protocol. This includes most Marketplace applications, however, it does not include those from Google Apps Labs.
Activities aren't audited that occur ...
- While the Login Activity service is disabled in your Admin console (for example, if you enable, then disable the service).
- For a user whose account has been suspended (although pre-suspension logins are still listed).
- After a Marketplace application has been uninstalled (although previous logins are still listed).
You can export audit log events in a "comma-separated-values" (CSV) format, which you can then import into a spreadsheet. After viewing or filtering log events, click the Export to CSV button at the top-right of the event list. This downloads a CSV file to your computer that you can open in any spreadsheet or text editor.