Your organization can use Google Drive as a single place to store and share files.
Learn more about Google Drive features.
Access files from anywhere
With Google Drive, people in your organization can get to their files from any device that has Drive on it.
- Computer's web browser—Signing up for Drive gives you Google Drive on the web, an online app that runs in any web browser, on any computer.
- Mobile device—Users can download the Google Drive mobile app on Android or iOS to access files on their mobile device.
- Windows or Mac computer—You can install a Google Drive sync application to stream or sync Drive files to your Windows or Mac computer.
Manage and share all file types
You can use Google Drive to store and access all files, including:
- All your work files—Store PDF or Microsoft Word documents, Excel worksheets, music files, photos, videos, and more. View many file types in your browser, even if you don't have their program on your computer.
- Documents you create and edit online—Use web-based Google Docs editors to create text documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, and forms. Editors include Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides. Each editor is a separate app that users can also open from Drive.
Note: Google Drive and each of the Docs editors are separate apps. But as admin, you manage their settings from a single Drive and Docs service in your Google Admin console.
- Custom maps you create and share—Use Google My Maps, for example, to share your company's location, plan events, or show delivery routes.
As a Drive admin, you can use your Google Admin console to:
- Track usage and trends—Use the Drive Audit log to monitor your team's use of the Docs editors. Track how many documents people are creating, who's using which types of documents, and more.
- Manage document sharing for your team—Control how documents are shared by default or whether users can share documents outside of your organization.
- Manage storage space—Each user gets either 30 GB or unlimited storage space, depending on your edition. As an admin, you can buy licenses to grant some users even more storage. Or, you can let users buy their own extra storage.
- Transfer ownership of documents—If someone leaves your organization or changes roles, use your Admin console to transfer their documents to someone else on your team.
Get started with our Drive and Meet package
If your organization wants to use Google Drive and Meet, but you don’t need Gmail and Calendar, sign up for Essentials. You can get Drive and Meet features and administrative controls, but without the cost of Google Workspace services you don't need.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.