Net4: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your G Suite subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
You get the verification record in the Setup Wizard when you sign up.
Not in the Setup Wizard? Go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard to find the verification record. Copy your unique verification record, return to this article, and go to Step 2: Sign into your domain host.
On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- From the Value/Answer/Destination field, copy the entire unique verification record.
- In the Setup Wizard, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Setup Wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Net4® site in a new tab. The Setup Wizard remains open in the first tab.
- In the top corner of the Net4 site, click Login.
- Enter the user ID and password that you created when you purchased your domain from Net4, and click Login.
- In the Net4 site under My Services, click Domain Names.
- Select the domain name you want to verify for your Google service, and click AR. In this example, we'll use the domain td-ntin.com, but you'll see your own domain name instead.
You're now in the Net4 control panel.
- Under Manage My Services, click DNS. Adding the TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- In the Net4 site, select TXT from the drop-down list.
- Paste the entire verification code into the Data field.
- In the Host field, enter your domain name, and leave the TTL default value set to 3600.
- Click Create to save your new TXT record.
- You'll see a red confirmation message. Scroll down to the record you created and click Save Changes.
Your page will refresh, and you’ll see a red confirmation message to let you know that the TXT record has been added.
Note: The change may several hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Check the I saved the TXT verification record box or click Verify.
- If you’re a G Suite customer, go to Next steps to set up Gmail.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.