What is Google Vault?
Google Vault lets you retain, hold, search, and export data to support your organization’s archiving and eDiscovery needs. Vault supports:
- Email messages
- Chats in classic Hangouts with history turned on and Google Talk chats that are on the record
- Google Groups
- Files in Google Drive and Team Drives
- Conversations in Hangouts Chat
Vault is entirely web-based, so there's no need to install or maintain any software. Vault is included with the G Suite Enterprise or Business or Education edition. Or you can buy Vault licenses for an additional $5 per user, per month.
Use Vault for:
- Archiving—Set retention rules to control how long data is retained before being removed from user accounts and deleted from Google systems. Learn about retention.
- Legal holds—Place holds on users to preserve their data indefinitely in order to meet legal or other retention obligations. Learn about holds.
- Search—Search your domain's data by user account, organizational unit, date, or keyword. Vault supports Boolean and wildcard operator searches. Learn about search.
- Export—Export data for additional processing and review. Learn about exporting.
- Audit reports—Use Vault audit reports to learn about actions Vault users have taken during a specified period of time. Learn about audits.
Get started with your free 30-day trial.