Use the Append footer setting to automatically add footer text to outgoing messages. You may want to add a footer to outbound messages for legal, informational, or promotional reasons.
The Append footer setting applies to everyone in an organizational unit. Users in child organizations inherit settings from the parent organization. Footers are applied to all messages, including messages sent from Google Workspace email aliases.
Set up an email footer for your domain or organization
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsGoogle WorkspaceGmailCompliance.
- On the left, select an organization.
- Scroll to the Append footer setting in the Compliance section. Point to the setting, and click Configure. If the setting is already configured, click Edit or Add another.
- Enter the footer text:
- You can enter up to 10,000 characters.
- To customize the text appearance, use the text formatting tools. The text editor doesn't support HTML content.
- To insert an image, click and enter the URL for the image on a public web server. Images stored in Google Drive can't be used in your footer.
- (Optional) Select append the footer to internal messages being sent within your organization.
- Click Add Setting or Save. Any new settings are added to the Compliance settings page.
- At the bottom, click Save.
Changes can take up to 24 hours but typically happen more quickly. Learn more
- Test the footer by sending a message to an email address outside your domain.
Note: Messages sent using a third-party email client, such as Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail, have formatted footers. Messages sent as plain text don't support images or formatted text in the footer. A plain text footer is added instead.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.