Configure outbound messages with footer text
You can configure outbound messages with footer text for legal compliance, or for informational and promotional requirements. The footer is added below the last existing text portion of a message, and is limited to 10,000 characters.
The Append footer setting applies to all users in an organizational unit. Users within child organizations inherit the settings you create for the parent organization.
Set up an email footer for your domain or organization
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteGmailAdvanced settings.
Tip: To see Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the Gmail page.
- On the left, select an organization.
- Scroll to the Append footer setting in the Compliance section, hover over the setting, and click Configure. If the setting is already configured, hover over the setting and click Edit or Add another.
- Enter the footer text. Optionally, use the formatting tools.
- (Optional) Select append the footer to internal messages being sent within your organization.
- Click Add Setting or Save. Any new settings are added to the Advanced settings page.
- At the bottom, click Save.
- Test the footer by sending a message to an address outside of your domain. There may be some delay in saving the changes and taking effect on new mail.
Note: Messages sent using a third-party email client, such as Microsoft® Outlook or Apple® Mail, have the appropriate footer applied when sending outbound. However, if a message is sent as plain text, a text-only version of the footer is applied to the message. In this case any images in the configured footer aren't applied to the message.