You can configure outbound messages with footer text for legal compliance, for informational or promotional requirements. The footer is added below the last text portion of a message, and is limited to 10,000 characters.
The Append footer setting applies to all users in an organizational unit. Users in child organizations inherit the settings you create for the parent organization.
Set up an email footer for your domain or organization
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsGoogle WorkspaceGmailCompliance.
Note: You might find this setting at AppsGoogle WorkspaceGmailAdvanced Settings.
- On the left, select an organization.
- Scroll to the Append footer setting in the Compliance section. Point at the setting, and click Configure. If the setting is already configured, click Edit or Add another.
- Enter the footer text. Optionally, you can:
- Use the formatting tools to customize the text appearance.
- Insert an image by linking to an image on a public web server. Images stored in Google Drive can't be used in your footer.
- (Optional) Select append the footer to internal messages being sent within your organization.
- Click Add Setting or Save. Any new settings are added to the Compliance settings page.
- At the bottom, click Save.
- Test the footer by sending a message to an address outside of your domain. It can take up to 24 hours for changes to take effect.
Note: Messages sent using a third-party email client, such as Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail, have the appropriate footer applied when sending outbound. However, if a message is sent as plain text, a text-only version of the footer is applied to the message. In this case, text formatting or images in the configured footer aren't applied to the message.