If your domain is registered with Enom®, but hosted with a third party, like Wix® or Squarespace®, use the verification instructions for those hosts.
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, G Suite Essentials, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact G Suite support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your G Suite subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
If you already signed up for G Suite but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
Open the setup tool and click Verify.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain, open the Enom site in a new tab. Keep the Admin Console open in the first tab.
- Enter the login ID and password you created when you bought your domain from Enom.
- Click Login.
- At the top of the page, click Domains My Domains.
- If you have multiple domains with this host, click the domain name you want to verify for your Google service.
- Click Host Records.
- At the bottom of the Host Records table, click New Row.
An empty host record row appears.
- Open the instructions for the type of verification record you want to add to your domain’s DNS records. Add a TXT verification record (most common)
- Leave the Host Name field of the new row empty.
- From the Record Type list, select TXT.
- In the Address field, paste the entire verification record that you copied in step 1.
- Click Save.
Return to the setup tool in the Admin console and click Verify.
Click Continue, then scroll to the bottom of the next page. Click Verify my domain.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Admin console and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.