Rename a user
As a G Suite admin, you change a user’s email address in the Admin console. You can also change the display name that shows up in emails they send, calendar invites, and so on.
A user can change their own display name. But they can’t change their address.
Change a user’s name or address
From the Admin console dashboard, go to Users.
- Find the user in the Users list.
- Hover over the user you want to rename and click Rename user at the right:
You can also find this option at the top-left of the user's account page.
- Change any of the following:
- First name and Last name: The name that shows up in emails they send.
- Primary email address: Their email address and name they sign in with.
- Click Rename.
If you change their email address...
- They must now sign in to their Google Account with the new address.
- They continue to receive mail at the old address (it becomes an email alias).
If you change their display name…
The new name appears:
- In messages they send (unless they change their own Gmail settings)
- In calendar invites, shared docs, and so on (unless they change their Google+ profile)
- In your company's global contact directory