Options for adding users
Before people in your organization can begin using your Google services, you need to create user accounts for each person. An account provides users with a name and password for signing in to their Google services, as well as an email address (if you're using Gmail). Optionally, you can add more information to your users’ profiles and even add custom attributes you specify for your organization.
Before you begin
Before you add users, you need to add licenses to your account. How you add licenses depends on what kind of plan you have. See how to get more licenses.
We recommend that you resolve any potential conflicting accounts before you add users to your new account. To avoid creating conflicting accounts, you can find and manage your existing users with the Transfer tool for unmanaged users. For details, see Find and manage existing Google Accounts.Create one or more user accounts
If your organization has an LDAP directory:
- Use Google Cloud Directory Sync to synchronize user data in your existing LDAP directory with your Google account (syncs groups, contacts, and organizations, too).
- Use the Admin SDK Directory API to provision a large number of users with data from your existing LDAP directory, such as Microsoft® Active Directory®. This API provides more flexibility than Google Cloud Directory Sync, but requires programming.
- Use G Suite Migration for IBM® Notes® if you're migrating from IBM Notes.
- Each account's username becomes that person's login name and the first part of their email address. If your domain is solarmora.com, a user whose email is firstname.lastname@example.org has the username jsmith. If your organization's Google Account has multiple domain names associated with it, you specify which domain name to use when you create the user account.
- Each user gets 30 GB of storage space for their email and attachments.
- It can take up to 24 hours for a new user account to appear in the searchable G Suite Directory.
See also: Name and password guidelines.
After creating user accounts, you can: