Block access to G Suite from a lost device
If a user loses a computer or mobile device that has an open connection to that user's G Suite account, or maintains cookies that permit a connection without first entering a user name and password, that G Suite account is potentially exposed to anyone who has possession of the computer or device.
To prevent unauthorized access to an account, you can reset the sign-in cookies for that user, which has the effect of logging out that user from all current HTTP sessions, and requiring new authentication the next time that user tries to initiate an HTTP session to log in to G Suite.
To reset the sign-in cookies for a user:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- From the dashboard, click Users.
- Click the user's name to open the user's account page.
- Click Account to open the Password section.
- Click Reset sign-in cookies.
- To confirm the reset, click Reset sign-in cookies.
It can take up to 60 minutes to log out the user from current Gmail HTTP sessions. The logout time for other applications may vary.
If you're using a mobile device that is managed by Google Mobile Management using Android Sync, iOS Sync or Google Sync, you can also remotely wipe that device. Learn more