Set up Gmail signatures for your users
G Suite users can create a personalized signature that’s automatically added to their Gmail messages. They can add contact information, a company logo, links, and more. As a G Suite administrator, you can create the same signature for everyone to use. You can also let users add images from Google Drive to their signature (you need to turn this on in the Google Admin console). See below for details.
Note: You can put up to 10,000 characters in a Gmail signature.
As a G Suite administrator, you can...
Give everyone a company signature or default footer text
- Give everyone a default signature——Use the Google Email Settings API to apply the same signature to everyone's settings. The signature appears when users open their compose window. Users can replace or update it if they want.
If you have the legacy free edition of Google Apps, upgrade to G Suite to get this feature.
- Add a footer to the end of outgoing messages——You can automatically add a text footer to the end of all outgoing mail. Add text for legal compliance, company promotions, or a standard signature. Users don't see the message when they're writing an email. And, they can't change or remove it. For details, see Append footer setting.
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to AppsG SuiteDrive and Docs.
- Go to Sharing settings.
- Under Sharing outside of your organization, select ON.
- Check the Allow users in your organization to publish files on the web or make them visible to the world as public or unlisted files box.
After turning on sharing settings, when users click Insert image when they create signatures, they'll see the option to load images from Drive.
Note: This option isn't displayed if a user is signed in to multiple accounts. Suggest that the user to sign into an Incognito window or clear the cache and cookies.
To see what else sharing options do, see Set file sharing permissions.
What users can do
Create signatures with photos and styles
Important: Remember to turn on sharing if you want users to be able to upload images from Drive.