Your users can create their own email signature that's inserted at the bottom of every message they send. This might be a bit of personalized text, such as their contact information, an image uploaded from Drive, or a favorite quote.
Can my users use rich text, add images, or use HTML in their signatures?
Yes. Users can customize their Gmail signatures with the same formatting toolbar they use to compose messages in Gmail. They can go to Settings > General to insert images or hyperlinks, add colored or bolded text, and much more. They can also upload and insert an image directly from their Drive account.
- Click and choose Settings. Scroll down to the Signature section:
- Click to add an image:
- Click one of the following to select an image:
- My Drive displays images available in Drive
- Upload adds an image to Drive from your system
- Web Address (URL) lets you specify a location where the image is hosted.
Note: To make these options available, from the Admin Console, go to Apps > G Suite > Drive > Sharing settings and verify the following:
- Under Sharing options, Sharing outside of (your organization), choose ON.
- Check the box: Allow users in (your organization) to publish files on the web or make them visible to the world as public or unlisted files.
For more information, see Set file sharing permissions.
- Click Select to add the image to the Gmail signature.
Can I enable automatic signatures for all users?
It depends on your edition of G Suite.
- Google Apps (free edition): No, but your users can add their own signatures.
- G Suite for Education and Business: Yes. You can use the Google Email Settings API to programmatically update Gmail settings for multiple users.
- G Suite Basic: Yes. In addition to the Google Email Settings API, you can also add automatic signatures for all of your users through the Append footer setting.
Can my users create multiple signatures?
In some cases. Users can create only one signature per email address. However, if they add multiple email addresses to their Gmail account via Settings > Accounts, they can create a unique signature for each From address (using the Signature drop-down menu on the Settings > General tab).
Additionally, if you enable Gmail Labs for your domain, people can use the Canned Responses Lab to save and send common messages (each containing a different signature).
For example, to use one signature within their company and a different signature externally, users can create two different Canned Responses. They then use the Canned responses drop-down on the Compose Mail form to insert the appropriate signature.