Change default visibility of new sites
This article is for administrators of the classic Google Sites (no Publish button at the top right). Get help for administrators of the new Google Sites.
By default, all users in your domain can find and edit newly created sites. As an administrator, you can easily make new sites created by users in an organization within your domain visible only to the site owner.
Note: Site owners can add collaborators or share the site, even if you've set the default visibility of new sites to Private.
Set the default visibility setting for classic Sites
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to AppsG SuiteSites.
- Click Sharing settings - classic Sites.
- Click the name of the organization that you want to change. If you have a lot of organizations, click the '+' button to expand your options.
- Go to Site Visibility.
- Under Visibility of Sites, select:
- Users at domain can find and edit sites to allow all users in the domain to find and edit newly created sites.
- Private to restrict the default visibility of new sites to the site creator.
Note: You can click the Use inherited button near the right margin before saving so that suborganizations will inherit the site creation setting from its parent organization.
- Click Save.