Turn your Gmail service Off
To stop using your Google Apps domain's business address with Gmail, redirect mailflow to the email service you do want to use. Then turn off the Gmail service in your Admin console:
- (Recommended) If your domain's MX records are currently pointing to Google servers, update the records to instead point to the server that should receive your mail.
If you turn off the Gmail service while your MX records are still directing mailflow to Google servers, all messages sent to your domain will bounce back to the sender.
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- From the dashboard, click Apps, then click Google Apps > Gmail > User settings.
- In the Organizations section, highlight your domain.
- Scroll down to the Uninstall Service section, and click Uninstall Gmail.
- On the page that appears, carefully review the actions described to confirm that you want to proceed.
- Click Yes, uninstall Gmail.
- Click Save changes.
It can take up to one hour for your change to take effect.