Change the settings for an app
After you add an app from the Marketplace, it is listed under Marketplace Apps in your Admin console.
- In the Admin console, Click Apps then Marketplace apps.
- Click the app name to access settings for the app.
Turn an app on or off
You can turn an app on, on for some departments or organizations, or off, without removing it from your domain
- Click and select an option:
- ON for everyone
- ON for some organizations
If you select On for some organizations, a dialog box shows your top-level domain name and the organizations within your domain. The Master setting slider lets you turn the app on or off for the domain as a whole, then make exceptions for specific organizations.
- Click the slider to make a Master setting for the app: on (right) or off (left).
- Click an organization to select it. By default an organization inherits the on/off setting for the app from the Master setting.
- Click Override. This allows you to change the slider on/off setting for an organization.
- Click the slider to turn the app on or off for the organization.
- Click Apply.
- Click Turn on or Turn off to confirm your setting.
Note: To remove an override for a setting, you can change the slider position or click Inherit to resync with the Master setting.
- Close the dialog to return to the app Settings page.
Some or all of the following app options can also be modified, depending on the app.
In Marketplace apps settings you can choose to allow only whitelisted apps. If you choose this option, your users can install only the apps you select, or 'whitelist’. See Allowing app installations from Marketplace for more information on whitelisting.
Grant or revoke data access
You can see a summary of the data an app has access to by clicking Data access. If the app has access to your domain’s data, it will say Granted. If the app does not have access to your domain’s data, it will say Approval Needed.
If the app requires API access to your Google Apps data, those APIs are listed in this section.
Note: If the app is enabled and requires data access, and you revoke data access, the app may not function properly.
Learn more about understanding data access.
Universal navigation links
Users can open apps from the app launcher. Learn more about user access to Marketplace apps.
Single Sign On via OpenID
An app can obtain the OpenID identity of people in your domain automatically when they visit the web sites (OpenID realms) listed here. This identity information can also include email addresses and names, and enables the app to provide an instant Single-Sign-On experience. Learn more about OpenID.
Click the links to access any additional settings available for the app.
Click Support to access support at the vendor's support site. Learn more about getting support for an app.
Delete or disable an app
Learn more about how to Disable or delete an app.