Turn a Marketplace app on or off for users
If you're an administrator of Google accounts for an organization, you can control who uses any app you purchase from the Google Apps Marketplace. Just turn the app on or off for those people in your Admin console. People who have the app turned on can use it from their account.
To control who uses a Marketplace app
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for select groups of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to AppsMarketplace apps.
- Click the Marketplace app you want to turn on or off.
- At the top of the gray box, click and choose:
- On for everyone to turn on the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- Off to turn off the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- On for some organizations to change the setting only for some users.
- If you chose On for some organizations:
- Select the organization that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- Click Override or Inherit, whichever is showing.
- If you selected Override, click On or Off to change the setting.
The Inherit option indicates that the organization uses the same setting as its parent. The Override option lets you turn the setting on or off for the organization, independent of the setting for the organization’s parent.
- Click Apply. Then click again to confirm.
Learn more about the organizational structure.
- Click Apply.
- Control access to another service
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- Google Apps for Education Core and Additional services