Turn a Marketplace app on or off for users
If you're an administrator of Google accounts for an organization, you can control who uses any app you purchase from the Google Apps Marketplace. Just turn the app on or off for those people in your Admin console. People who have the app turned on can use it from their account.
To control who uses a Marketplace app
Before you begin: To turn service on or off only for some users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
Sign in to your
Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to Apps > Marketplace apps.
- Click the Marketplace app you want to turn on or off.
On the service's settings page, click (top of gray box) and choose one of these settings:
- On for everyone to turn on service for all users.
- Off to turn off service for all users.
- On for some organizations to customize the On/Off setting for different users.
- If you choose On for some organizations, a window opens where you should:
- Select the organization (org) containing the users whose settings you want to change.
- Click Override or Inherit, whichever is showing.
- Click to change the setting from On to Off (or vice versa).
Questions? Learn more about the organizational structure.
- Click Apply.