Tell your users about your Groups service
After you enable Groups for Business for your domain, you might want to tell your users about their new service. We suggest that you send an email announcement to your users to explain what the service is and how they can benefit from it. Here's a template you can use to create your message:
Subject: New Groups service added to your Google Apps account
We wanted to let you know that your Google Apps account now includes the Google Groups service! A Google Group is a mailing list, which includes member addresses and also has its own address. You can use groups to communicate and collaborate more efficiently with your coworkers.
Benefits of the Groups service
With the new Groups service, you get all of these benefits (some depend on the group's settings): [Edit list according to how you set up Groups (user-managed) sharing options for your users.]
- View our company Groups directory to find the email address for a group
- View details about a group in the directory, including the list of members
- View a group's discussion archive, which includes all the messages sent to the group
- Post messages to groups, even if you're not a member
- Manage your own subscriptions to groups—that is, join or leave a group whenever you want
- Create your own groups—you no longer need to make requests to the IT Department
- Share content (Google documents, calendars, sites, and videos) with a group address instead of individual addresses—if you update the group's members list, access to your content is updated automatically
Where to find the Groups service
You can access our groups directory by clicking the Groups link at the top of any Google Apps page, such as your Gmail or Calendar page. Or, you can go directly to the directory by entering this URL in your browser: [Replace your-domain.com with you company's domain name or enter your custom URL, if you created one.]
How Google groups differ from contact groups
You might be wondering how Google Groups differs from the groups you can create in your Google contacts—that is, your contact groups. The primary difference is that a Google Group has its own email address, so it can be shared in our groups directory. Your contact groups, on the other hand, are only for personal use. Google Groups also provides discussion archives, optional moderation, and more!
Getting Started Guide for Google Groups
For more information about Google Groups and instructions for using the major features, check out our User Guide. [Add name and link to your guide].
— or —
For more information about Google Groups and instructions for using the major features, check out the attached User Guide.