Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Exchange
You must meet the following system requirements before using Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Exchange (GWMME).
||Requirements & supported versions
|Source mail server
- One of the following mail server environments:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016
- Exchange Online (Microsoft 365)
- Any RFC 3501-compliant IMAP server (including Exchange, Novell GroupWise, Cyrus, Courier, Dovecot, SunMail, Zimbra, or Gmail)
- An administrative account on your server that has permission to read each user's mailbox:
- Exchange Server 2007‑2016—Receive As permission is sufficient
- Exchange Online—Full Access permission is required
|GWMME client machine
We recommend that you use the latest updates for both Windows and Microsoft Outlook.
Windows & Windows Server version:
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, or 2022
- Windows Vista Business SP1 or later
- Windows 7, 8, 10, or 11
- Migrating from Exchange or PST files—32-bit versions of Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, or 2021
- Migrating from Exchange Online—Outlook 2016 or 2019, or Outlook from Microsoft 365 (desktop version)
- Click-to-Run versions are supported, except for Outlook 2010
- 64-bit versions of Outlook
- Windows XP and Windows Server 2003
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.