Use the ‘Treat as an alias’ setting to manage ‘Send mail as’ account behavior
When you use Gmail's Send mail as to send messages on behalf of another account, Gmail treats your Send mail as address as an alias of your primary address, which causes the following results:
- Messages you send to a Send mail as address appear as unread in your Inbox. These messages also appear in your Sent Mail.
- If you receive a message from a Send mail as address and you click Reply, the To: field is incorrectly filled with your primary address.
- If you receive a message from a group that uses the same address as your Send mail as address, and you click Reply All, the To: field does not include the address of the group that sent the message.
To change this behavior:
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click and click Settings.
- Go to the Accounts tab.
- Under Send mail as, find the email address that you want to configure and click edit info.
- Deselect Treat as an alias.
- Click Save Changes.