Turn on Groups for Business
Note: Groups for Business is turned on by default for all new domains. You should not need to add the service or take additional steps to turn it on. If Groups for Business is not turned on, follow the instructions below to turn it on and begin the setup process.
With the Groups for Business service, your users can:
- Create moderated forums and discussion groups
- View group discussion archives
- Manage their group memberships
- Auto Reply features
- Search across all of their groups
- Customize how group emails appear and are delivered
- Create their own groups (if the admin allows it).
To turn on Groups for Business (basic steps):
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- From the dashboard, go to Apps > Google Apps.
- Look for Groups for Business in the list of services. If it isn't there:
- Click the add service icon .
- Under Groups for Business, click Add it now.
- Back in the list of services, click Groups for Business.
- On the Groups for Business page, click the bar at the top and choose "ON for everyone" or "ON for some organizations" from the drop-down menu.
You can turn the service on for everyone or only for people in a particular organizational unit.
For detailed steps, see Turn services On or Off for users.
Have any existing groups? After you turn on Groups for Business, any groups you already created with the Groups control become visible in your corporate Groups directory, depending on the visibility settings for the group (it may take up to 6 hours for them to appear). Your existing groups will keep their current sharing settings. For details, see Migrate Admin groups to Groups for Business.
Next steps: Set up Groups for your team.