Locaweb: Set up G Suite MX records
- Log in to the Locaweb Control Panel with your Locaweb account name and password.
- Click + next to Hospedagem Basic.
- Click + next to Sites e emails.
- Find the domain name you want to set up with G Suite and click Site.
- Click Gerenciador de DNS in the left menu.
- Under Selecione a zona de DNS, select the domain name from the drop-down list.
- Delete any existing MX records.
To direct your email to your G Suite account, you have to add new MX records to your domain. These are the records that you'll need to add:
MX Server Address Priority ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 1 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 5 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 5 ALT3.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 10 ALT4.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 10Note: The values are the G Suite mail servers, and we include five servers in case one fails or requires maintenance.
- In the Inserir registro section, click MX to create a new MX record.
- In the Entrada field, enter a period (.).
- In the Prio field, enter 1.
- In the Conteúdo field, enter ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. Include the period (.) at the end of the MX record.
- Click Salvar.
- Repeat Steps 8-12, entering the remaining values (MX Server Address) from the table above, and setting the Priority values respectively.
Skip this step if you already verified your domain by another method (such as TXT record, HTML file, or meta tag).
If you need to verify your domain:
- Find the unique MX verification record provided by the G Suite Setup Wizard.
- Copy the entire record (ends in mx-verification.google.com) and paste it in the Value/Answer/Destination/Target column.
- Make sure the record's priority is set to Low or to 15 or greater.
Follow the steps within Troubleshoot MX records to fix your DNS setup.