This article is for administrators of the classic Google Sites (no Publish button at the top right). Get help for administrators of the new Google Sites.
As an administrator, you can feature up to five templates on the site creation page, that users can choose without having to browse the gallery for more.
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsGoogle WorkspaceSites.
- Click Templates - classic Sites.
- Under Template options, turn on Highlight custom templates...
- Navigate to the template you want to add and copy its URL.
- Paste the URL in to the Highlight custom templates... field.
- Click Save.
The URL appears above the field.
- (Optional) Enter more names to add as many categories as you want. To add more than one string into the field, press Enter.
The templates can now be chosen and previewed directly from the site creation page.
Note: The first template you enter should be your organization's default blank template, because it's the one users start with if they don't choose any other template.