Organize templates in categories
As an administrator, you can create categories in your domain's Template gallery for organizing templates added to your domain (similar to the categories Google uses in the Public gallery).
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Apps > Google Apps > Sites.
- On the Sites Settings page, click Templates.
- In the Categories section, type a category name in the field and press Enter. Your category is now listed above the field. Enter more names to add as many categories as you want.
- Click Save Changes when you're done.
Your categories appear in your domain's private Template gallery. Also, when users add a template to the gallery, they'll be able to select any two categories to place their template in.
You change a template's categories on the template's Manage Site > Template information page.
To remove a category from your domain's Template gallery, just uncheck it in the Admin console. This doesn't delete any templates currently in the category—they're still in the gallery. They're just not in any category.