Turn on Google+
As a Google Apps administrator, you can enable Google+ for your entire domain, or just for users in specific organizational units. Note that Google+ is enabled automatically if all of the following apply:
- You have Google Apps or Google Apps for Work.
- Your Admin console is configured to automatically opt in to new services when Google releases them.
- Calendar, Drive, Talk/Hangouts, and Picasa Web Albums are already turned on for your users.
Before enabling Google+, make sure to review this list of considerations.
Service dependencies for Google+
Google+ depends on the following services:
- Google Drive - For document sharing in hangouts
- Google Calendar - For Google+ Events
- Google Talk/Hangouts - For real-time messaging
- Picasa Web Albums - For photo sharing
To enable Google+:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- On the dashboard, click Apps, then click Google Apps (If you don't see the Apps icon, click More controls.)
- Make sure that the Calendar, Drive, and Talk/Hangouts services are turned on for the desired organizational units. Learn how.
- Return to the dashboard, click Apps, then click Additional Google services.
- Make sure that Picasa Web Albums and Google+ are turned on for the desired organizational units. Learn how.
- Inform your users that you've enabled Google+ for their Google Apps accounts and provide information about how to sign up for the service. Learn more.
Remember: Even after you enable Google+, users still need to join the service before they can use it. Go to sign-up page
After you enable Google+ and users join the service, they'll see the Google+ link at the top of Google service pages, such as Gmail and Calendar. For example:
To turn off Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Talk/Hangouts, and Picasa Web Albums:
You can turn off these services only if Google+ is already turned off.
Where are the ON/OFF settings?
To turn services on and off, see Turn services on/off.Find services needed for Google+ in the Admin console