As an administrator at work or school, you can create calendars to share with people in your organization. These are called group calendars. For example, you might want a shared group calendar for company holidays and another one for organization-wide meetings.
Create a group calendar
Before you begin: To only share the calendar with a specific set of people in your organization, first put them in their own group. Follow the steps in Create a group.
Open Google Calendar.
- On the left, next to Other calendars, click Add Create new calendar.
- Add the name of the calendar (for example, Marketing Team Calendar), a description, and a time zone.
- Click Create calendar.
Share your calendar
You can share a calendar across your entire organization or with a specific person or group.
- Open Google Calendar.
- On the left, click the name of your new calendar.
- Point to the shared calendar and click More Settings and sharing.
- Choose an option:
- Everyone in your organization—Under Access permissions, check the Make available for your organization box. To share the calendar, ask users to subscribe to the calendar, or share the calendar with an individual or group.
- A specific person or group—Under Share with specific people, click Add Peopleadd the email address of the individual or group you want to share the calendar with.
- In the permissions box, click the Down arrow choose an option. For details, see Permission settings.
- Click Send.
Group calendar invitations include links to calendars
Members receive email notifications with links to the shared calendar.
- Individual users and existing group members—Users get email notifications when calendars are shared.
- New group members—New group members get email notifications about the calendars they can access, typically within an hour after joining the group. New group members do not get this notification email if the group has more than 100 calendars shared to it.
These email notifications include an Add to calendar link. If a user clicks this link and then Add calendar, the calendar shows up in the Other calendars list for that user.
Help people find shared calendars
To help people find shared calendars, you can send them the calendar ID.
- Open Google Calendar.
- Under My calendars, find the shared calendar.
- Point to the shared calendar and click MoreSettings and sharing.
- Scroll down to the Integrate calendar section and copy the Calendar ID.
- Paste this ID into a document or website that you give to new users.
- Tell them to take the following actions:
- Next to Other calendars, clickSubscribe to calendar.
- Paste the Calendar ID into the Add a calendar box and press Enter.
The calendar then shows up in the user’s Other calendars list.
To help your users create and share calendars, send them to: