Overview of Google Apps Connector
Update: As of March 5, 2015 Google Apps Connector for BlackBerry® Enterprise Server will not work and mail will cease syncing. Learn more.
Google Apps Connector integrates the Google Apps messaging suite with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, giving mobile users the ability to use built-in BlackBerry applications to access their Google Apps email, calendar, and contacts. Administrators use the same BlackBerry tools they already know for securing and managing BlackBerry devices.
Install the Google Apps Connector on a server in your environment along with BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The Admin Guide (PDF) includes all steps needed to install the Google Apps Connector and all required components.
Google Apps Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.6 includes a fix to a minor technical issue described in What's New for Google Apps Connector.
- To download the Google Apps Connector, see the download page for Google Apps Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
The Google Apps Connector is supported with BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express, versions 5.0.2 and 5.0.3.
Documentation and Support
- Keep enterprise BlackBerry devices synchronized with Google Apps.
- Push email synchronization with less than 60 seconds latency.
- Synchronized reading, deleting and archiving between Google Apps and BlackBerry devices.
- Synchronized Global Address List from Google Apps to your device.
- Support for Labels/Folders in email.
- Two-way contact and calendar synchronization.
- Supports key BlackBerry Enterprise Server features such as remote wipe and IT policy administration.
- Hosting partner support for multiple Google Apps domains on a single BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Support for free busy lookup.