You can set up Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO) for users in your organization so they can synchronize their email, calendar, and contact data between Google Workspace and Microsoft Outlook. Before you begin, make sure you meet the system requirements.
For Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 8 and 10 (32 and 64-bit), and Windows 11 (64-bit).
- Windows 7 and Vista (32 and 64-bit)—Microsoft no longer supports these versions. We recommend upgrading to a supported version of Windows.
We recommend that you update to the latest patches for your Windows version.
- Outlook 2003 SP or 2007 SP2 (or SP1 with hotfix)—Microsoft no longer supports Outlook 2003 and 2007. We recommend upgrading to a supported version of Outlook.
- Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and 2021 (32 and 64-bit).
- Outlook from Microsoft 365 desktop app (not web version)
What’s not supported
- Windows XP and Server 2003
- Windows 10 ARM-based PCs
- Outlook from Microsoft 365 (web, Android, macOS, and iOS versions) and Outlook from Microsoft Store—Switch to a supported computer version of Outlook.
Permissions for users
To install GWSMO, users must have local administrator permissions for their computers.
Open port 443 for the following applications on each client computer:
For details on GWSMO ports, go to Open network ports.
Protocols & APIs
GWSMO uses HTTPS to connect to Google services using a proprietary GWSMO-specific Gmail sync protocol. It doesn't use IMAP or SMTP.
GWSMO uses the following APIs:
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.