MuuMuu: Set up G Suite MX records
Important: If you purchased your domain from Google when you signed up for G Suite, you don’t need to set up Gmail, you can start using it now. If you’re signed in to the Google Admin console, in the top right, click the App Launcher Gmail .
Change your MX records to start using G Suite
You’re now ready to verify your domain (if you haven’t already) and set up Gmail as your business email for your domain (yourcompany.com).
To do this, you need to sign in to your domain host and direct the email for your domain to the G Suite servers. It’s like registering your new address with the post office when you move so that your mail gets delivered to the right place. We’ll walk you through the process.
Before you begin
- Verified that you own your domain.
Or, you can verify now with an MX record. We’ll show you how.
- Created user accounts in G Suite for your team.
If your team members already use email with your domain, you have to create their user accounts in G Suite before you change the MX record settings for your domain. Otherwise, they won't be able to send or receive messages with their business address in Gmail. You can create accounts for new users later.
If you're in the Setup Wizard shown below, skip to Setup Wizard instructions below.
If you're not in the Setup Wizard shown above, follow these steps to open the Setup Wizard:
From the Admin console Home page, go to Domains.
If you don't see Domains on the Home page, at the bottom, click More controls.
- Click Add/remove domains.
- Click Set up Google MX records for your domain.
- Skip to Setup Wizard instructions below to add G Suite MX records.
- When you're done adding MX records, go back to the wizard and click I have completed these steps. This tells Google it's time to look for your domain's new MX records.
Let's get started
These instructions walk you through updating MX records to the MuuMuu Domain domain. MuuMuu Domain not your domain host? See instructions for other hosts.Open the Setup Wizard
If you're still signed in to your Admin console, skip to step 2.
If you signed out of your Admin console, sign in again by going to admin.google.com and entering your Google Apps email address (this email address ends with @yourcompany.com and is not an @gmail.com address) and your password.
At the top of the Admin console, click Set up Gmail.If you don't see the Setup prompt shown above, you can still set up your MX records directly from your Admin console. To do so, first click Domains, and then click Add/remove domains. Next, click Set up Google MX records for your domain. When you are finished adding all of the G Suite MX records, you'll click I have completed these steps to tell Google it's time to look for your domain's MX records.
Click Set up email to confirm.
You should now see the Log in to your domain host's website step in the G Suite Setup Wizard. Continue to step 1 of the Setup Wizard instructions.
Setup Wizard instructions1. Sign in to your MuuMuu Domain account
- Leave the G Suite Setup Wizard open.
- Open a new browser window and go to the MuuMuu Domain website.
Whenever you see the Apps icon in these instructions, you'll complete that step in the G Suite Setup Wizard.
- On the MuuMuu Domain site, click Log in at the top of the page.
- Enter the account username and password that you created when you purchased your domain from MuuMuu Domain and click Login.
In the G Suite Setup Wizard, check the I signed in to my domain host box and then click below for the next step.
- From the Domain operation menu on the left, click MuuMuu DNS.
- Click Change next to the domain where you want to update the MX records.
- Click Custom settings.
In the G Suite Setup Wizard, check the I have opened the control panel for my domain box and then click below for the next step.
- Delete any existing MX records.
- Click Change setup information to confirm.
In the G Suite Setup Wizard, check the I have deleted existing MX records box and then click below for the next step.
To direct your email to your G Suite account, you have to add new MX records to your domain. These are the records that you'll need to add:
|MX server address||Priority|
- Select MX from the Type drop-down list.
- Leave the Host Name field of the first new row blank.
- In the Address, enter ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. Include the period (.) at the end of the MX record.
- In the Priority field enter the priority value 1.
- Repeat steps 1–4 and enter the remaining MX server address records and priority values from the table above.
Skip this step if you already verified your domain by another method (such as TXT record, HTML file, or meta tag).
If you need to verify your domain:
- Find the unique MX verification record provided by the G Suite Setup Wizard.
- Copy the entire record (ends in mx-verification.google.com) and paste it in the Value/Answer/Destination/Target column.
- Make sure the record's priority is set to Low or to 15 or greater.
- After creating all of the new MX records, click Change setup information to confirm.
In the G Suite Setup Wizard, check the I have created MX records with these values box and click below for the next step.
- In the first tab or window, return to the G Suite Setup Wizard.
- Click through any confirming steps in the wizard.
- Click Verify or I have completed these steps to tell Google to look for your new MX records.
Congratulations! Your business email for your domain is now directed to the G Suite mail servers.
- The records can take several hours to update, so you might not immediately get new email messages in Gmail. Until then, you'll continue to receive messages at your old email provider.
- If you see the MX records setup validation in progress message in the Admin console for more than a few hours, make sure you entered the MX address records and priorities correctly in the DNS records stored with your host.
- If you still need help changing your MX records, contact G Suite support.