Names.co.uk MX records
- Log in to your account at www.names.co.uk by entering your username and password.
- In the menu area, click on DNS Administration.
- In the DNS Zone table, click on the website you want to use with Google Apps.
- If the Advanced DNS is not activated, tick the box and activate it.
- In the Mail exchange records area, Click on Add a record.
- Delete any pre-existing MX records or lower their priority. For now, we recommend that you keep all existing MX records, but lower their priority (50). Later, once you have tested your service and confirmed mail flow, you can delete these records to ensure that mail flows through the new mail server(s).
- Include the MX record values shown in the MX record values table.
- If you need additional rows, click Add MX records.
- For each MX created, leave the Host name field blank.
- Once you have added all five MX records, click Save.
Be aware it may take as long as 72 hours before DNS changes are propagated, depending on the time to live (TTL) that was configured for your records. Until records have been updated worldwide, you will still receive traffic to your old server.
Follow the steps within Troubleshoot MX records to fix your DNS setup.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?