Fasthosts: TXT records
A TXT record is an entry within the Domain Name System (DNS) that provides supplemental information about your domain. You can create a TXT record that proves to Google that you own the domain.
- Log in to your account at www.fasthosts.co.uk by entering your username and password.
- Under the header Hosting, click on Email Hosting menu.
- In the Configure Hosting Packages table, click on the website you want to use with your Google service.
- Click on the Advanced DNS Tab.
- In the TXT Records table, click on add a TXT record.
- Leave the Host name field empty.
- In the Value field, enter your unique Google security token, provided in the Google Admin console's verification instructions.
The token is a 68-character string that begins with google-site-verification, followed by 43 additional characters.
- Click the save button.
Congratulations! Your new DNS TXT record now contains your security token. Keep in mind that changes to your DNS settings can take up to 24 hours to propagate through the Internet, but depending on your host, this can happen faster.
If you have trouble adding your TXT record, contact your domain host directly for further assistance. If you're not sure what to say, here's a sample explanation that you can email to your host or read over the phone.