Fasthosts: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, Drive Enterprise, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact G Suite support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your G Suite subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
You get the verification record in the Setup Wizard when you sign up.
Not in the Setup Wizard? Go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard to find the verification record. Copy your unique verification record, return to this article, and go to Step 2: Sign in to your domain host.
On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- From the Value/Answer/Destination field, copy the entire unique verification record.
Tip: If you need a CNAME record instead of a TXT record, in the Add a new TXT record to your domain step in the Setup Wizard, click add a CNAME record. You'll copy and paste both parts of this record into your domain's DNS records.
- In the Setup Wizard, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Setup Wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, open the Fasthosts® site in a new tab. Keep the Setup Wizard open in the first tab.
- On the Fasthosts homepage, in the upper right, click Login.
- Under Control Panel, click Control Panel Login.
- Enter the username or email address and password you created when you purchased your domain from Fasthosts.
- Click Log In.
- Under Hosting & Domains, click Domain Names.
- Click the domain name you want to verify for G Suite.
- Under Advanced DNS, click Configure Advanced DNS.
A list of your DNS records appears.
- In the TXT Records table, click Add a TXT record.
- Leave the Host name field empty.
- In the Value field, paste the entire verification record that you copied in step 1.
- Click Save.
Changes to your DNS settings can take up to 24 hours to propagate through the internet, but depending on your host, this can happen faster.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Check the I saved the verification record box or click Verify.
- If you’re a G Suite customer, go to Next steps to set up Gmail.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.