Host Europe: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service such as G Suite or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings.
Need help with verification? Contact support for fast, free, personalized help.
When you initially sign up for your Google service, Google provides the verification record in the Setup Wizard (on the Verify your domain and set up email page).
If you need to verify your domain and you’re not already in the Setup Wizard, go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard for instructions. Select TXT as your verification method in the wizard and then return to this article. Move on to the second Begin setup step below, and log into your domain host website.
On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- Click the link in the wizard to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Host Europe® site in a new tab. The Setup Wizard remains open in the first tab.
- In the top corner of the Host Europe site, click Login KIS.
- Enter the user account number and the password you created when you purchased your domain from Host Europe. Click Abschicken (login).
Click through the Setup Wizard steps until you see the verification record.
The record looks like this:
google-site-verification=followed by a unique string of text and numbers.
- Copy the verification record (including the entire string of text and numbers).
- In the Host Europe site, click Domain services in the Administration section.
- Under Administration, click AutoDNS Domains bearbeiten (edit AutoDNS domains). You're now in the Host Europe control panel.
- Scroll down to the Liste aller AutoDNS-Domains section and click Editieren (edit) next to your domain.
In this example, we'll use the domain td-he.com, but you'll see your own domain there instead.
- Scroll down to the last entry in the table. From the Zeigt Auf (points to) column, select TXT from the drop-down list.
- Paste the entire verification code into the column that is to the right of the TXT field. Adding this TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- Click Neu anlegen (create new record) to save your new TXT record.
Note: The change may take several hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the Google Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
- Return to the Setup Wizard in the first browser tab.
- Check the I saved the TXT verification record box and go to Next steps.
Next steps (for G Suite)
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host website open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, open the instructions for setting up Gmail with your host.
- Follow the instructions to set up your MX records for mail delivery to Gmail.