Host Europe: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, Drive Enterprise, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact G Suite support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your G Suite subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
You get the verification record in the Setup Wizard when you sign up.
Not in the Setup Wizard? Go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard to find the verification record. Copy your unique verification record, return to this article, and go to Step 2: Sign in to your domain host.
On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- From the Value/Answer/Destination field, copy the entire unique verification record.
Tip: If you need a CNAME record instead of a TXT record, in the Add a new TXT record to your domain step in the Setup Wizard, click add a CNAME record. You'll copy and paste both parts of this record into your domain's DNS records.
- In the Setup Wizard, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Setup Wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Host Europe® site in a new tab. The Setup Wizard remains open in the first tab.
- In the top corner of the Host Europe site, click Login KIS.
- Enter the user account number and the password you created when you purchased your domain from Host Europe. Click Abschicken (login).
If you don’t know your account information, you can reset your password or call the Support Hotline at +49 2203-9934-1040.
- In the Host Europe site, click Domain services in the Administration section.
- Under Administration, click AutoDNS Domains bearbeiten (edit AutoDNS domains). You're now in the Host Europe control panel.
- Scroll down to the Liste aller AutoDNS-Domains section and click Editieren (edit) next to your domain.
In this example, we'll use the domain td-he.com, but you'll see your own domain there instead.
- Scroll down to the last entry in the table. From the Zeigt Auf (points to) column, select TXT from the drop-down list.
- Paste the entire verification code into the column that is to the right of the TXT field. Adding this TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- Click Neu anlegen (create new record) to save your new TXT record.
Note: The change may take several hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the Google Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Check the I saved the verification record box or click Verify.
- If you’re a G Suite customer, go to Next steps to set up Gmail.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.