Gandi.net: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
Google has partnered with Gandi.net to auto-verify your domain. Follow the prompts of the setup wizard to complete verification. If auto-verification doesn’t work, follow the steps to verify manually.
Need help with verification? Contact Google Support for fast, free, personalized help.
Auto-verify and set up Gmail with your Google service
The Setup Wizard detects that gandi.net is your domain host and that your domain can be verified and your Gmail set up automatically.
- Click Verify.
The Gandi.net login window pops up.
- Enter your gandi.net Handle and Password.
- Click Login. The OAuth Provider screen appears.
- Click Authorize. Google begins to verify your domain.
- When you domain is verified, click Next.
Your domain is verified and your Gmail is set up.
- Click Continue to set up a billing plan to ensure that your account isn’t suspended at the end of your free trial.
You get the verification record in the Setup Wizard when you sign up.
Not in the Setup Wizard? Go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard to find the verification record. Copy your unique verification record, return to this article, and go to Step 2: Sign in to your domain host.
On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- From the Value/Answer/Destination field, copy the entire unique verification record.
Tip: If you need a CNAME record instead of a TXT record, in the Add a new TXT record to your domain step in the Setup Wizard, click add a CNAME record. You'll copy and paste both parts of this record into your domain's DNS records.
- In the Setup Wizard, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Setup Wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Gandi.net® site in a new tab. The Setup Wizard remains open in the first tab.
- In the top of the Gandi.net site, click Log in.
- Enter your handle and the password that you created when you purchased your domain from Gandi.net. Click Log in.
- In the Gandi.net site, under the Domain names tab, click your domain name. In this example, we'll use the domain hd-gandi.com, but you'll see your own domain name instead.
You're now in the Gandi.net control panel.
- Scroll down to the Zone files section and click Edit the zone.
- You have to make a copy of the zone file before you can edit the DNS records. Click Copy this zone in the center of the page.
- At the bottom of the Zone file versions section, click Add. Adding the TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- Under the Add a record section, from the Type drop-down list, select TXT.
- Paste the entire verification code into the Value field.
- In the TTL field, enter 1 and select hours from the drop-down list.
- In the Name field, enter an @ symbol. You don't have to enter anything in the MX priority field.
- Click Submit to save your new TXT record.
Your page will refresh and you’ll see a confirmation message to let you know that the TXT record has been added.
- Click Use this version to activate Version 2.
Note: The change may take several hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the G Suite Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Check the I saved the TXT verification record box or click Verify.
- If you’re a G Suite customer, go to Next steps to set up Gmail.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.