Names.co.uk: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using Gmail, Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
G Suite gives you a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings.
Need help with verification? Contact Google Support for fast, free, personalized help.
When you initially sign up for G Suite, Google provides the verification record in the G Suite Setup Wizard (on the Verify your domain and set up email page).
If you need to verify your domain and you’re not already in the Setup Wizard, go to Find the G Suite verification record for information on how to enter it.
- On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the Choose a different method drop-down list and select Add a domain host record.
- Click the link in the wizard to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Names.co.uk® site in a new tab. The Setup Wizard remains open in the first tab.
- In the top corner of the Names.co.uk site, click Log In.
- Enter the email address and password that you created when you purchased your domain from Names.co.uk and click Log In.
Click through the wizard steps until you see the verification record.
The record looks like this:
google-site-verification= [followed by a unique string of text and numbers].
- Copy the verification record (entire string of text and numbers).
- In the Names.co.uk site, click Control Panel.
- Under Domains Hosting, click DNS Administration.
- Click the domain name you want to verify with G Suite. In this example, we'll use the domain td-names.com, but you'll see your own domain name instead.
You'll see the Add/Modify DNS Zone page.
- In the Add/Modify DNS Zone page, go to the A, CNAME, AAAA, TXT and NS records section. In this section, you'll see entries like those in this image.
- In the next empty row, you will add a new TXT record. Leave the Host name field empty.
- From the Type drop-down list, select TXT.
- Paste the verification record in the Result field.
- Click Save.
Your page will refresh, and you’ll see a red Thank You confirmation message to let you know that the TXT record has been added.
Note: It can take 24–48 hours for this change to take effect. However, as you go through the next steps in the G Suite Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
- Return to the Setup Wizard in the first tab.
- Check the I saved the TXT verification record box to move on to the next step.
Now it’s time to set up your Gmail with G Suite. Keep the Setup Wizard and domain host site tabs open. Get detailed instructions for setting up Gmail with your host in an additional tab.