Names.co.uk: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your G Suite subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
You get the verification record in the Setup Wizard when you sign up.
Not in the Setup Wizard? Go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard to find the verification record. Copy your unique verification record, return to this article, and go to Step 2: Sign into your domain host.
On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- From the Value/Answer/Destination field, copy the entire unique verification record.
- In the Setup Wizard, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Setup Wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Names.co.uk® site in a new tab. The Setup Wizard remains open in the first tab.
- In the top corner of the Names.co.uk site, click Log In.
- Enter the email address and password that you created when you purchased your domain from Names.co.uk and click Log In.
- In the Names.co.uk site, click Control Panel.
- Under Domains Hosting, click DNS Administration.
- Click the domain name you want to verify with G Suite. In this example, we'll use the domain td-names.com, but you'll see your own domain name instead.
You'll see the Add/Modify DNS Zone page.
- In the Add/Modify DNS Zone page, go to the A, CNAME, AAAA, TXT and NS records section. In this section, you'll see entries like those in this image.
- In the next empty row, you will add a new TXT record. Leave the Host name field empty.
- From the Type drop-down list, select TXT.
- Paste the verification record in the Result field.
- Click Save.
Your page will refresh, and you’ll see a red Thank You confirmation message to let you know that the TXT record has been added.
Note: It can take 24–48 hours for this change to take effect. However, as you go through the next steps in the G Suite Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Check the I saved the TXT verification record box or click Verify.
- If you’re a G Suite customer, go to Next steps to set up Gmail.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.