Names.co.uk - TXT record instructions
A TXT record is an entry within the Domain Name System (DNS) that provides supplemental information about your domain. You can create a TXT record that proves to Google that you own the domain.
- Log in to your account at www.names.co.uk by entering your username and password.
- In the menu area, click on DNS Administration.
- In the DNS Zone table, click on the website you want to use with Google Apps.
- If the Advanced DNS is not activated, tick the box and activate it.
- In the A, CNAME, AAAA, TXT and NS records area, Click on Add a record.
- Select an empty line, and leave the Host name field empty.
- In the scrolling menu Type, click on TXT.
- In the Value field, enter your unique Google Apps security token, provided in the Google Admin console's verification instructions.
The token is a 68-character string that begins with google-site-verification, followed by 43 additional characters.
- Click the save button.
Congratulations! Your new DNS TXT record now contains your security token. Keep in mind that changes to your DNS settings can take up to 24 hours to propagate through the Internet, but depending on your host, this can happen faster.
If you have trouble adding your TXT record, contact your domain host directly for further assistance. If you're not sure what to say, here's a sample explanation that you can email to your host or read over the phone.