Transaction history tab options
In the Transaction history tab, located on the Billing summary page, you can see information about your transactions, payments, and costs. You can also:
Adjust your view
On the gray bar, just below the Transaction history tab, you’ll find three buttons that allow you to filter, expand and narrow your view. Here’s what they do:
- All transactions - Click this button to narrow or expand your view of the different transaction types within the date range you’ve selected above. Filters include:
- All transactions: All information
- Costs: Your costs.
- Payments: The payments we've received
- Taxes/VAT: Any taxes that we added to your costs. In Europe, this is called VAT
- Summary/Detailed - Click this button to toggle between a summary or detailed view of your transaction history. The Summary view shows the sums per transaction type per month; the Detailed view displays the daily view of all activity (costs and payments) for the date range you’ve selected above.
- Export - Click this drop down button with the download icon (located on the toolbar) to print, export or download a copy of your transaction history. When you see this same icon next to invoice numbers in your transaction history table, click the icon to print the invoice.
Learn more about the billing scorecard on the upper half of the page.
Understand your Transaction history
Not sure how to read your transaction history? Here’s what you'll need to know:
- Debits - The costs for all your Google Apps accounts.
- Credits - The amount of your payments and any service or other adjustments applied to your account. It also shows the amount of any credit memos or service adjustments.
- Balance - Your account balance. Each line item is calculated by subtracting the amount in the Debits column from the amount in the Credits column. If you make payments to cover future account activity, your balance will often be negative, indicated by parentheses or a minus (-) sign. This means that your account has funds to draw from. The Balance column doesn’t factor in payments that are in progress, and so the final amount in this column will sometimes differ from the amount shown in the Current Balance field.
- Description - You’ll see a number of descriptions about your account activity in this column. Here’s what they mean:
- Credit memo: A credit that can be applied to any open invoices.
- Debit memo: An invoice created outside of the normal billing cycle; this occurs only rarely.
- Invoice: The monthly payable invoice detailing your account costs; click the Invoice link to view your invoice.
- Payment: The payment applied to your account.
- Service adjustment: A promotional credit, or a courtesy credit applied by a Google Apps Specialist.
- Starting balance: Your balance on the first day of your selected date range and on the first day of each ensuing calendar month.
- Taxes/VAT: Any taxes that we add to your account costs. In Europe, this is called VAT.
Learn about the Invoices tab.