If you use Google Workspace Migration for HCL Notes (GWMHN), you can simplify your Google Workspace transition for your users by allowing them to book Domino rooms and resources from Google Calendar.
You do this by adding the Check ICS agent to your HCL Domino environment. Check ICS intercepts all requests sent to the Rooms and Resources database. If a request comes from Google Calendar, its ICS file is modified so the Domino server can process the request correctly.
Note: The Check ICS agent is provided as is without express or implied warranty.
Before you begin
You should only use the Check ICS agent while transitioning to Google Workspace from HCL Notes.
The Check ICS agent isn't guaranteed to work in all environments or across all versions of Domino server. If you encounter any issues with the agent, remove it from your servers.
Note: Recurring events are not supported.
- Go to https://github.com/google and search for the gfw-deployments repository using the search box under Repositories.
- Select the gfw-deployments repository.
- Select appslotusscriptresource-bookingscheck-ics.lss.zip.
- Click Download to download the check-ics.lss.zip file.
- Extract check-ics.lss to your HCL Notes client machine.
- Open your Rooms and Resources database in Domino Designer.
- Create a LotusScript agent and set the Runtime trigger to On event with the value Before new mail arrives.
- Select FileImport and import the check-ics.lss source file you downloaded.
- Save the agent.
Your users can now book a Domino room or resource in Google Calendar by entering the SMTP address of the room or resource into the Guests field of an event's details page.
I get "Unable to retrieve this event from your calendar" in Gmail
Sometimes the Domino server overwrites the original event UID with its own value. If this occurs, you'll get a ‑Lotus_Notes_Generated UID suffix and the message "Unable to retrieve this event from your calendar" in the reservation email in Gmail.
Although the resource was processed correctly on the Domino server, the Google Calendar event isn't updated.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.