When you reassign a phone, you have to unassign it from the current user. When you unassign the phone, Voice removes the previous user’s contacts, saved voice messages, settings, and other data. Make sure the user doesn’t need this information before you unassign the phone.
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsGoogle WorkspaceGoogle Voice.
- Click Desk phones to see a list of the desk phones in your organization.
- Click the desk phoneUnassign.
- Click Unassign to confirm.
- Point to the desk phone that you want to reassign and click Edit .
- For Desk phone name, enter a name for the desk phone.
- For User's email address, enter the email address for the new user.
- Click Next.
The new user needs to add any contacts and other settings.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.